Saturday, April 24, 2010

Strawberry Rhubarb Sauce



This recipe always reminds me of my childhood growing up in rural North Dakota. My mom and dad had a beautiful garden that fed us all summer long. My mom always had rhubarb and strawberries in the garden too. And she made this sauce all the time. We topped our ice cream with it! I like to use it in place of syrup now...and I still pour it over my ice cream...or eat it straight from the spoon!

When the rhubarb and strawberries are ripe I make up a big batch and freeze them in canning jars. They usually last about 6 months in the freezer...not that they stick around that long in my house.




Strawberry Rhubarb Sauce

6 cup Rhubarb
½ c Water

Boil until tender.

Add 2 Cups Sugar and 1 Quart sliced strawberries

Heat over medium until boils, continue to boil for 2 minutes. Poor in jars and freeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment