Monday, April 12, 2010

Hot Artichoke Dip


I love any kind of dip there is...I dip almost all of my food in something or other...bbq sauce, ketchup, sour cream, ranch, the list goes on. My big Walnut on the other hand, has never once in his life dipped anything. Not even his apple dippers into the caramel at McDonald's (not that we go there that often, but I will get them some apples if we happen to be going by one and they need a snack). He won't let gravy touch his plate even! He likes solid foods, sorted out on his plate so that nothing is touching. I just can't explain it.
This has to be about the easiest and tastiest appetizer dip there is. And its so versatile...serve it on chips, bread, pitas, crackers or right off the spoon (ok...maybe that last one is just me.) Substitute shredded Parmesan instead of grated to make it creamier and use it as a topper for grilled chicken breast. It seems the options are endless for this one here.

Hot Artichoke Dip

1 can (14 oz) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped

1 c Mayo

2 cloves garlic

1 c grated parmesan cheese

2 tbsp chopped tomatoes

1 green onion, sliced


Heat oven to 350

Mix first 4 ingredients

Spoon into shallow ovenproof dish or 9” pie plate

Bake 20 to 25 minutes until hot and bubbly. Garnish with tomatoes and onions and serve with bread or crackers.




No comments:

Post a Comment