Friday, April 2, 2010

Easy Egg Bake!



Oh, lovely Spring...it is so nice to see you again! I spent the day cleaning and baking and doing my usual Friday routine...but with the windows open! It is probably just me...but for some reason a clean house seems so much cleaner with the windows open in the spring! Listening to the birds chirping and the kids playing outside has to be my favorite thing. We even broke out the shorts and the sidewalk chalk on Thursday evening. I love it when my driveway is colored with pastel chalk, too. It just fills me with a sense of happiness...watching my two little artists create their scribble masterpeices where ever they want to...a huge blank canvas for them to do whatever is in their little hearts. Another sure sign of Spring arriving is Walnut and I have officially started our garden. We have 72 little containers of soil holding 11 different types of seeds that will hopefully grow and be planted in our garden come Memorial weekend. I've never started my own plants in the house before so I'm praying for at least half of them to make it to their final destination. I will definately keep updates going on this little project.

With Easter only 2 days away...I thought I would share an egg bake recipe today that would be perfect for a brunch and takes little fuss to throw together, leaving more time to play outside!


Easy Egg Bake
Adapted from The Pioneer Woman

1 Loaf Sourdough Bread
1 c grated cheddar cheese
½ stick butter
6 ounces cream cheese
10 eggs
2 cups milk
½ tsp dry mustard
1 dash cayenne pepper
½ tsp salt
1 bunch chopped parsley

Generously butter a 9x13 baking dish. Tear bread into chunks and place them in the bottom of the baking dish. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, then tear cream cheese into small pieces and place over the top. Cut butter into pats and place over the top.
Mix remaining ingredients and pour over the top of the dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
The next morning, bake at 350 degrees uncovered for 1 hour or until top is golden brown and eggs are completely baked.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment