Monday, April 26, 2010

Ghirardelli Chocolate Chip Cookies


For years I was a Nestle chocolate chip girl. I thought that was the only brand out there for some reason. Maybe it was because that is the brand my mom always used. I have a tendancy to be brand loyal to the same companies my parents used when I was young. When I bought my first car and later my house for example, I went to their insurance agent without even shopping around.

Where the Nestle recipe tends to give me a flat crunchy cookie each time, the Ghirardelli recipe is the complete opposite. I am an avid underbaker of chocolate chip cookies. I like them to be chewy and melt in my mouth. The Ghirardelli recipes delivers on this quality! And the sizes of the chocolate chips are huge and they incredibly creamy milk chocolately too. I have not looked back at Nestle's since I opened my first bag of Ghirardelli. Sorry Nestle, but we had many good years together...I'll always keep a spot for you in my heart...

Ghirardelli Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 1/4 cups unsifted flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 bag Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Whisk together flour with baking soda and salt, set aside.

In mixer bowl, beat butter with sugar and brown sugar on a medium speed until creamy and lightened in color (about 4 minutes). Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, mixing on a low speed until incorporated.

Gradually blend dry mixutre into creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips by hand so not to crush them. Drop cookies onto an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 9 to 11 minutes until golden brown (unless your like me and like them under baked...then bake 7-8 minutes).

No comments:

Post a Comment