Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Taco Bowls





Before I give you an excellent quick weekday meal that is sure to impress...I'd like to share with you a few pictures of my father. This is him and my Peanut. Oh she loves him so much. She actually wakes up in the morning and says "papa?" You see, my parents watch my kids for me while I go to work, so Monday through Thursday they get to hang with Grandma and Papa. They were giving each other kisses after dinner and I was able to sneak in this great shot. She is so happy, so comfortable with him. It really melts my heart.







Onto more manly things...this is my little Walnut on the back of dad's 1970 something Kawasaki 900. They just drove down the driveway and up the second driveway...but he's been talking about it for days. Sorry about the white out...it was a lot of sun/concrete/steel siding to contend with.







This is my Peanut and Walnut with their cousin! They were running through the sprinkler trying to keep cool. It was definately a warm one on Father's Day. We grilled salmon and chicken and I made some wonderful savory scalloped potatoes that I forgot to take a picture of because I was busy digging in.







And these my friends...I ordered from Avon! Can you believe it? They are just so darn cute I could scream. They hold a 5" tortilla perfectly. It is a nice change up from everyday taco shells and a much healthier route than a deep fried shell. I always buy the Mission Whole Wheat Carb Balance torillas so I know I'm sneaking in whole grains and fiber into everyones meal without them even knowing!




Weekday Taco Bowls

½ lb ground beef
2 tsp chili powder
1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained, rinsed
½ c salsa
¾ c shredded cheddar cheese

5" tortillas

sour cream
tomato
romaine lettuce

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly press tortillas into molds and bake for 10 minutes until crispy.

Cook meat and chili powder in large skillet on medium high heat until meat is no longer pink. Add beans, cheese and salsa and cook 5 more minutes.

Assemble taco bowl with meat on bottom, then put favorite toppings on and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment