Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Snickerdoodle Blondies


Dear Friends,
I'd like to apologize to your hips and bottom right now before I go on. This recipe may cause you to eat half the pan as soon as they come out of the oven...therefore...making your aforementioned regions...well...grow. I'm sorry! Every time I've brought these bars to a BBQ or work or to a family member's house they've been polished off within the first hour. Please forgive me.
Love,
Teri


Snickerdoodle Blondies

2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, room temp
1 tablespoon vanilla

Topping:
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease or line a 9" by 13" pan. Sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.

Using your mixer with the paddle attachment, beat together butter and brown sugar for 3-5 minutes until light and creamy. Add eggs one at a time and then add vanilla. Beat until smooth. Mix in flour mixture on low until well blended. Spread evenly in pan.

Combine granulated sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg and evenly coat top of batter.

Bake 35-40 minutes. Cool before cutting (which I did not...I had to get going to a birthday party, which resulted in my chunky looking bars).

No comments:

Post a Comment