Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Crepes


I love crepes on a lazy Sunday morning. I'm definately a morning person. Sunday mornings I like a big old fashioned breakfast with crepes, french toast or pancakes with eggs and sausage, then head off to church. It seems so...motherly. And it makes me happy.


Unfortunatly for me, the rest of my household are definately NOT morning people. My husband works nights over the weekend and gets home around 8 am and heads straight to bed and don't even try looking in my kids' direction until at least 9 am! Thats okay...more breakfast for me!


Basic Crepes

1 1/2 cups flour
2 cups milk
3 tablespoons butter - melted
2 teaspoons sugar
2 eggs - slightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt.

Sift dry ingredients together. Add milk and whisk together. Then add the rest of the wet ingredients and whisk together.

Heat a large nonstick skillet (I use a 12") over medium high heat and very lightly spray with Pam just once. Do not respray as you cook the crepes. Pour about 1/2 cup (variable depending on size of your pan) into middle of pan and swirl pan to evenly coat entire bottom with mixture. Cook 1-2 minutes until golden brown and loosing edges with a rubber spatula, flip crepe to other side and cook another minute until golden brown.

Serve with strawberries, bananas, nutella, whip cream...any of your favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment