Saturday, May 22, 2010

Lemon Blueberry Muffin Bread


My Peanut's favorite snack in the whole world is a bowl full of frozen blueberries. And it is so cute watching her eat them. After each blueberry, she has to stop and examine her hands as they begin to turn bright blue. When she is done eating her bowl, she looks like a smurf. She usually has blueberry juice smeared across her entire body, along with the counter top and whatever happens to be surrounding her! The day I made this great muffin bread I think she probably ate half the bag...leaving me a little short for my recipe. But, all is well when my kids decide to dive head first into fruits or veggies instead of chips or candy!



Lemon Blueberry Muffin Bread

3 cups less 2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons lemon zest
1/2 cup canola oil
1 egg
1 heaping cup plain low fat yogurt
2 cups fresh blueberries
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
raw sugar

preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, nutmeg, baking powder, salt and lemon zest. Set aside.

In another bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, vanilla, egg and yogurt until well blended. Add dry ingredients and stir just enough to incorporate the dry into the wet ingredients...about 10-15 stirs. Add 1 1/2 cups blueberries and stir as little as possible.

Spray two 8 1/2" by 4 1/2" bread pans with baking spray (I use Pam Baking Spray). Divide batter between the two tins and sprinkle tops with remaining blueberries and raw sugar.

Bake 40-45 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center of bread comes out clean.

Enjoy!

*If you pay close attention to the first pic you'll see that clearly I used two 9"x5" pans...however, my bread was not as tall as I usually like them so the smaller pans would definately be a plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment