Friday, April 23, 2010

Chicken Pesto Foccacia


This is my favorite sandwich. I love the pesto and the chicken and the fresh mozzerella...and the bread...ok, I just love everything about this sandwich! And it comes together so easily...I made the foccacia when I made pizza the other day for dinner and the chicken is left over from grilling the prior day. So tonight all I had to do was throw the sandwich together and bake it. Gosh I just love a good week of well planned out meals. Magic happens when I don't have to spend an entire evening in the kitchen cooking and I can actually enjoy a walk outside with the kids instead.

Chicken Pesto Foccacia
Foccacia Bread (recipe here)
Pesto
Tomato, sliced thinly
Fresh Mozzerella
Chicken
Set broiler on high and move rack to top position in oven.
Cut foccacia in wedges and slice down the middle lengthwise for the top and bottom slice of bread. Spread pesto liberally on both the top and bottom slice. Put chicken on bottom slice and then tomato and mozzerealla on the top slice of foccacia (make sure the mozzerella is on top so it browns in the oven.)
Put in oven under broiler about 3 minutes until chicken is hot and mozzerella has browned on top and has melted. Remove from oven and put sandwich together. Return to oven to brown top of foccacia, probably 1 minute.
Enjoy the best sandwich ever!
Of course, alternatively, you could use a panini press...which I don't own!

No comments:

Post a Comment