Thursday, April 15, 2010

Chicken Marsala


Does this look like the face of a mischievous devil-in-training? See her little horns there hiding under all that curly hair? It is true...my little Peanut is being corrupted, drug into the world of color crayons and markers and walls. Yes, my friends, markers on my walls. In her room, the closets, on the furniture. Who you ask is the ring leader of this fiasco? It is none other then...



My Walnut of course. He's the ring leader. He puts ideas in Peanut's head so that when the wrath of Mommy comes he looks at me with those big blue eyes and says "I didn't do it, Peanut did!" Then I have to investigate to find out what really happened because I know that most of the time my little Angel wouldn't be able to come up with this stuff on her own. And Walnut knows how to lie. I've caught him several times. Where do they learn to lie like that? Are we born with a natural instinct to lie and it comes out around age 4? Is there an innocent and easy little lie that is the gate way lie and once they realize they got away with it they grow from there? Will I ever get my questions answered so I can intercept Peanuts first lie so she doesn't learn how?

So, days like these I pack my little nuts up and ship them to Grandmas so I can scrub/scour/clean/sanitize whatever they happened to have gotten into on that particular day. Then, I make myself something so delisous for dinner that all the stress from my devils-in-training melts away.



Chicken Marsala


4 Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breasts
Salt and Pepper
1/2 cup flour
4 Tbls Butter
16 ounces Fresh Mushrooms
2-3 cloves Garlic
1 cup Marsala Wine
1 cup Chicken Broth
1/2 cup Heavy Cream

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides. Place flour on a plate and dredge chicken breasts through flour to make a thin coating on each breast.

Heat and 1/4" oil in skillet over medium high and place chicken breasts in hot oil. Fry each piece for about 4-5 minutes on each side until breasts are golden brown. Remove chicken from fry pan and place on a tin foil lined baking sheet and place in oven for about 20 minutes until breasts are done all the way through.

Meanwhile, pour off excess grease from skillet and add butter. Once melted add mushrooms and garlic and lightly salt and pepper. Saute mushrooms for about 5 minutes until brown and soft. Add in marsala wine, chicken broth and heavy cream. Make sure to scrape all the bits off the bottom of the pan with the spatuala while stirring. Allow to reduce by about 1/3, about 5 minutes.

Pour mushroom sauce over chicken and serve with mashed potatoes, rice or noodles.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment