Monday, August 2, 2010

200 Cupcakes and a Gorgeous Wedding!


Guess what? I baked 200 cupcakes in two days...then I frosted and decorated 200 cupcakes in 4 hours and put them out on a table for 150 guests...and I lived to tell about it!


I never would have guessed how much work goes into planning a wedding and how much preparation goes into planning one's cupcake display.

I think I tested about 10 different cake batters to find one that would be just right...and I gained about 10 pounds doing it...oh the sacrifices a person makes for their profession!



I wanted to do a few different cupcakes to ensure there was something for everyone at the wedding...some people prefer chocolate...others vanilla...

I ended up making four different cakes: Lemon and Lemon Creme Frosting, Angel Food Cake with a pudding center and Blueberries, Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting and a Shortbread Cake with Crushed Nilla Wafer Crust, Raspberry Cream Filling and a Mascarpone Cream Cheese Filling.

My kitchen has a permanent layer of powdered sugar on it now. I think I will be scrubbing for days to get everything clean again.

On Thursday I did the shopping and baked the lemon, chocolate and shortbread cupcakes and ended up completely gutting my fridge to make room for them. On Friday I baked the angel food cakes, whipped up and bagged the frosting and fillings and decorated the cake stands.

Saturday I went to the reception hall and started decorating! I think I slept a total of 8 hours over 3 nights and the only thing that kept me away was adrenaline and Caribou Coffee!



I've already posted the Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Cream Cheese frosting...you can find that here. For the wedding I just sprinkled shaved chocolate on top of the frosting.

As for the rest of the recipes...I will get them into their individual posts tonight hopefully!

Have a happy day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment