Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Ricotta Stuffed Pasta Shells


See this pretty little girl with the crazy hair? That's my peanut. And guess what? She is not even 23 months old and after a long week...she's potty trained! Today is day 6 since we started training and we got through the entire day with NO ACCIDENTS!

That little Peanut amazes me every day...she is so smart. I can't believe what these little people are capable of sometimes. It seems like it was just yesterday she was my little baby suckling from my breast and now she has grown into a very "spirited" little girl. I just can't wait to see what transformations this little girl is going to go through in the years to come. Where my Walnut has always been so easy going and quiet, my Peanut is always the head of the pack. If someone is doing something she is right there with her nose in the way, imitating whatever action is happening.

Oh, little girl, I love you so much and I just know you are going to take the bull by its horns and conquer the world!


Down to business now...I like to fit in a few vegetarian meals every week. I've always been boarder line vegetarian. I guess I've just never committed to it. Sometimes a big burger after a long week sounds really good, then other times I could go a full week easy with no meat. I've been watching my cholesterol and blood pressure pretty closely the last few years due to some family history so I've cut back even more on meals containing meat. This recipe is one of my favorites to serve on a weeknight when you are looking for something hearty and satisfying without the meat. Hope you enjoy!
Ricotta Stuffed Pasta Shells

1/2 cup chopped green onion
1 cup chopped broccoli
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 cups ricotta cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 egg whites
2 teaspoons dried basil
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 spaghetti sauce recipe (click here for recipe)
15 jumbo pasta shells, cooked and drained
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese

Saute onions, broccoli and garlic in oil until tender. Add in ricotta, mozzarella, egg whites, basil, salt and pepper and stir until combined. Remove from heat.

Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Stuff cooked pasta shells with cheese mixture and arrange in prepared dish. Top with spaghetti sauce and parmesan cheese.

Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 35 minutes until cheese is melted and dish is nice and hot!

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment