Saturday, November 13, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Blondies


Continuing with my pumpkin addiction, I found these over at My Baking Addiction. Oh, they smelt so so good baking in the oven I couldn't wait to taste them. I dug my fork into the corner of the pan straight from the oven and moaned when the first taste of pumpkin and chocolate melted on my tounge. Goodness I love pumpkin, and chocolate.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Blondies

Recipe from My Baking Addiction (Click here to see her post)


2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup unsalted butter, room temp
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 15 ounce can pure pumpkin puree
2 cups dark chocolate chunks
3/4 cups roughly chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13" pan with cooking spray.

In a bowl, whisk together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Set aside, please.

In your mixer bowl, add butter and sugars and beat with the paddle attachment until butter is light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Then add pumpkin puree and continue to beat until combined. The orignal blogger said the batter might curdle, but don't be frightened...Mine did and all turned out fine!

Turn mixer to low and add dry ingredients until combined. Fold in chocolate chips and pecans by hand. Spread batter into prepared pan and bake 35 to 40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment