Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Roasted Green Beans with Garlic


I have gone through sort of an evolution with green beans as I've grown older. When I was newly married and just starting to cook stuff that didn't come in a microwavable tray, I always made canned beans. I don't think I knew they came any other way back then...

Then I wised up a little bit and started buying frozen beans and steaming them in the microwave. Much better and much less mushy...

And just recently, I've grown up again! Fresh picked beans straight from the garden, snap off the ends and roast them in a hot oven with garlic. Wow! That's quite the transformation from the can and I never knew green beans could taste so good.

Roasted Green Beans with Garlic

12 ounces fresh green beans
2 tablespoons olive oil
kosher salt
fresh cracked pepper
3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Place green beans in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil over beans and toss green beans around with your hands to make sure the oil evenly coats all the beans. Season to your liking with kosher salt and pepper. Thinly slice garlic and sprinkle over top of green beans.

Bake 20-30 minutes depending on the size of your green beans...until tender and ends begin to brown.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment